Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hospital Again

Well, Austin and I are in the hospital AGAIN. He has been running a high fever since Sunday night and started vomiting Monday. When I took him to the doctor yesterday, he didn't have any other symptoms besides pain when he pressed on his belly. So the doctor sent us to the hospital to rule out appendicitis. Thankfully, he does not have appendicitis. They did find an ear infection today. I'm not sure why the three different docs who looked in his ears yesterday didn't notice? But anyway, he is now getting IV fluids and antibiotics. He is still vomiting and pretty miserable. Seems to me to be more than an ear infection? Maybe he has a flu bug or something too.

So here he lies in bed and here I sit. Oh it is so-oo-oo boring! This day has been so-oo-oo long!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my! I will say a little prayer for Austin tonight. I hope he's on the mend soon.

weavermom said...

That does not sound like fun. Hope they find out what is wrong with him soon!

(Definitely not a medical expert of any kind, but as a mom - I have to agree. Not sure why an ear infection would make his stomach sore. )

Toni said...

Teresa,
Hope Austin is feeling better SOON! And sister, your lapbooks are awesome. When do you find the time to do them? I sooo love lapbooking but just can't seem to make the time.
Blessings,
~toni~

Sammy...Go...Fetch...Hop, Hop, Hop

Lapbook

Lapbook Unit 2