Friday, November 9, 2007

Ahhh...home!

We got to come home last weekend. It is so nice to sleep in your own bed and shower in your own shower after being in a hospital room for a couple of weeks! The problem is trying to catch up on all the neglected housework, grocery shopping, laundry, bills, and on and on. Then we have the added responsibility of running IV meds every 6 hours. I'm finding it really hard to get things back to normal. We homeschooled this week, but it seemed sort of unorganized. I usually have my plan set up for at least 2 weeks in advance, but this week I took it day by day. Definitely not as good.

Amber went up to watch the girls state volleyball tournament in Cedar Rapids today. She rode along with a friend. She has never been that far away without an adult before. I'm very nervous about it. I'm calling her every couple of hours to make sure she is okay. She probably wants to kill me.

Kevin went to the ER last night because his ear hurt so bad. He has an ear infection. Isn't that stange for a 40-year-old man to have an ear infection? He has a terrible, terrible cold. His voice makes me laugh. If you've seen the movie "Sling Blade," he sounds exactly like Billy Bob Thorton's character. Mmmm..hmmmm.

1 comment:

Lifedreamed said...

i am glad you are finally home (even though it has now been a week!). how is he doing now?

Sammy...Go...Fetch...Hop, Hop, Hop

Lapbook

Lapbook Unit 2